Friday, February 17, 2012

LIFE

I have an obession a couple childrens books. First is The Giving Tree, Where the Wild Ones Are, and all of the Eric Carl books. Growing up they were such a comfort to me. Reading and books in general. My mom taught us about life through books as well as music and movies.
I also have an obession with music and film. On my radio show with Emily on Thursday, we were talking about how we both have obsessions with our common passion in life and that is film. We discussed how film is art.
A film is not soley for entertainment but also to show a viewpoint, or an issue that is of high importance. I feel that people have shyed away from a deeper meaning and only want to watch t.v. or movies to unwind or relax- and this is sometimes good, but you also need to appreciate the art form of the film.
I think some of my favorite movies are centered around music, or a feeling, or a moment that I have had that was sparked by something in the movie. Fly Away Home, The Help, Inception, The Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Harry Potter Series, The King's Speech, among others are all amazing films that can be recognized for other things within them besides jsut a great film to watch.

No comments:

Post a Comment